Dental Implants have proven to be a successful advancement in the field of dentistry. The dental implants look and feel like the real teeth and help the people to get back their smile. The dental implants help you eat and speak easily like never before. Receiving dental implants can boost your confidence and bring back your lost self-esteem.
You can receive the best dental implant restoration services from our expert team of dentists.
Before going for dental implants, you must take into account a few considerations. To better understand dental implants, you should talk to your family dentist about it.
How long will Dental Implant last?
If given proper care, your Dental Implant can last for up to 25 years or more. There are various factors that affect the lifespan of Dental Implants-
- Every day flossing and brushing are the basics of taking care of your dental implants.
- Visiting your dentist for a dental implant check-up every six months is also important.
- Avoiding chewing or biting hard things with your artificially implanted tooth.
- The skills of the dentist in the successful dental implantation play a very crucial role.
How successful are Dental Implants?
You will never need to replace your implants unless they become loose or get damaged. To take optimal care of your dental implant, you must see your dentist every six months. The dentist will carefully examine the dental implant and ensure its proper functioning. The average success rate for Dental Implants has been found to be 95 percent by the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS). However, the success of implants is largely dependent on the location of the missing teeth. Your overall health and lifestyle also affect the success of implants. For people suffering from diabetes or smoke, Dental Implants may not be a suitable option. Therefore, always consult your family dentist before undergoing the treatment.
Is there any scope for complications in Dental Implants?
You must visit your dentist for the examination of your permanent implants if you feel something is wrong.
The scope for dental implant complication is the least and can be resolved easily. The dental implant complications may include-
- The infection surrounding the dental implant area.
- Nerve or tissue damage leading to numbness or pain in the gums, lips or teeth.
- Excessive pressure on the implant area can cause the dental implant to fall out.
- Sinus problems if the implant touches the sinus cavities. It only happens when the implants are placed in the upper jaw.
The best way to avoid various implant complications is to do proper care at home and visit your dentist frequently.
During the dental implant procedure, the dentist examines the surrounding hard and soft tissues to avoid any complication.
What are the Alternatives to Dental Implants?
Although, dental implants are a more permanent solution there are other alternatives.
- You can choose Mini Implants that are half the size of normal implants. Mini implants are a faster procedure, comfortable, and less expensive than usual implants. You can get back to your regular dental routine after the Mini Implants.
- Removable Implants is another effective solution for missing teeth. They are removable and easy to clean whenever needed. Removable Implants are a good option for those having unhealthy gums and weak jaw bone. Removable Implants are much more affordable when you have many teeth missing.