The first thing people notice about you is not your clothes or accessories but your smile. You can get a perfect smile by using clear teeth aligners to correct crooked or misaligned teeth instead of metal braces.
Many people are painfully familiar with traditional metal braces. We use the term ‘painfully’ because metal braces can be harsh on your mouth and teeth. People with mild alignment issues prefer getting clear teeth aligners instead.
Let’s learn more about how these clear or invisible teeth aligners work below.
How do Clear Teeth Aligners Work?
Clear teeth aligners are comparatively new orthodontic devices. Unlike traditional braces that use metal braces connected by wires to straighten and align teeth, these devices are custom-built to fit over your teeth.
Traditional braces use a wire in the bracket to move a tooth from one direction. Moreover, Clear teeth aligners shift the tooth in three directions by applying pressure on the crooked teeth’s front, top, and back sides. Therefore, This ensures faster teeth movement and shortens the treatment time.
Invisible teeth aligners are made from a transparent, medical-grade plastic or acrylic material. A typical treatment plan for these transparent aligners involves multiple fittings for successive trays that make minor adjustments to shift your teeth with each change.
While clear teeth aligners fit tightly over your teeth, they can be removed for brushing, flossing, and eating. The best part about getting these aligners is that you can wear them to school or work as they are aesthetically pleasing.
How Does It Work?
- Since clear teeth aligners are built for a tight fit, they are an excellent option for adults and teenagers who are done growing.
- These aligners are ideal for correcting mild or moderately overcrowded teeth.
- The first step is to consult a dentist or orthodontist to check eligibility for clear teeth aligners.
- The dentist will then create a plan for shifting and realigning teeth.
- The treatment time varies for every patient and depends on how far the teeth must be shifted or rotated. A severe overbite or misalignment takes longer to correct and vice-versa.
- The average treatment period using invisible teeth aligners is approx. 10-24 months on average.
- This period is relatively short in minor cases, i.e., a few weeks.
- Over the treatment course, patients wear a series of tight-fitting, transparent aligners that move misaligned teeth in the desired direction.
- After fixing the misalignment or overbite, one may need a retainer to avoid a relapse.
After learning how clear teeth aligners work, let’s see the key advantages of using them below.
Here are the Key Benefits of Clear Teeth Aligners
- Removable aligners allow patients to maintain better oral health. Patients who opt for clear aligners over metal braces also avoid gum disease, cavities, soft tissue injuries, canker sores, etc.
- They are a good option for adults who had braces earlier but have suffered a relapse.
- Clear aligners offer a simple, cost-effective way to get a perfect smile.
- Do not require major dental procedures or surgery.
- Involve minimal clinic visits and correct misaligned teeth much faster.
- Offer visible and long-lasting results.
After seeing the enormous benefits of these innovative dental devices, let’s see the best clear teeth aligner to resolve a bad bite or misalignment.
What Makes the Best Clear Teeth Aligner for Effective Treatment?
When choosing the best teeth aligner for long-lasting and effective treatment, there are several factors to consider:
- Cost: You can’t put a price on a perfect smile. Clear teeth or invisible aligners cost less than metal braces. Yet, there are several aligners with different pricing models in the market. You need to do a cost comparison analysis before making a decision.
- Treatment Plan and Length: Invisible aligners realign teeth faster than traditional methods. You need to wear these customized devices every day for the duration specified by your dentist. You must stick to the treatment plan as each stage relies on proper compliance.
- Patient Ratings and Experience: Patient reviews are a great way of discovering how effective clear teeth aligners are. You should reach people who have used these aligners. Or ask the dental clinic to show you patient testimonials and before/after pictures.
As a top-rated dental clinic in Anoka for over 35 years, Anoka Dental has realigned and restored thousands of smiles using clear teeth aligners.
We use Reveal Clear Aligners as they generate superior results while offering greater flexibility and comfort.
Our Top Choice: Reveal Teeth Aligners
Anoka Dental offers you a simple and pain-free way to correct crooked or misaligned teeth via Reveal’s clear aligners. These aligners are our favored choice for teeth realignment as they are highly reliable and effective.
These clear aligners are made from ClearWear, a high-grade plastic material that is BPA and phthalate-free.
Reveal’s stain-free aligners are invisible, extremely comfortable, and easily removable.
Our treatment plan with Reveal involves using a series of invisible trays to reposition your teeth with minimal fuss. Based on the severity of your misalignment, the treatment course can comprise up to 30 trays. We usually prescribe a set for two weeks.
Each set has to stay on for at least 22 hours daily to ensure movement. Since these trays are easy to clean and remove, you don’t have to worry about eating, drinking, and brushing or flossing your teeth.
1. Do invisible braces or aligners work?
Ans. The benefits of invisible teeth aligners are well-established and documented. They are an excellent option for correcting mild to moderate overcrowding and spacing errors in teeth. However, you may still need traditional braces for cases with severe misalignment issues.
2. Do invisible aligners work? What do they do?
Ans. Invisible or clear teeth aligners slowly move your teeth by using a set of multiple trays. You have to wear an aligner for 1 to 2 weeks and then move on to the next size.
These aligners are custom-made for every patient. They help shift your teeth slowly but steadily for a more desirable alignment and smile.
3. How many hours a day do you have to wear invisible braces?
Ans. You need to wear daytime aligners like Reveal Clear Aligners for 20 to 22 hours every day. You should only remove these aligners to eat, drink, brush, floss, etc.
Are You Looking for the Best Clear Teeth Aligners in Anoka, MN? Contact the Experts at Anoka Dental Today!
To get the best clear teeth aligners in Anoka and nearby areas, schedule a check-up with the alignment experts at Anoka Dental.
Our expert dentists thoroughly examine your oral cavity to decide if you are a good candidate for aligners. Once you clear the initial examination, we take digital records and create impressions. These are shared with a lab to create your customized aligners.
The friendly staff at our clinic will contact you after we receive your trays and schedule periodic visits to fit new trays and monitor your progress.
Call our team at (763) 421-4002 to schedule an appointment today!