You might not be aware that the paste you use could have an impact on your dental hygiene. Unfortunately, there isn’t any one size fits all solution when it comes to toothpaste. There are different ones for kids and adults and some of them don’t contain fluoride while the others do. Some are made for sensitive teeth while some are natural. This is why it is important that you choose the right toothpaste to ensure your teeth are being cleaned properly when you brush them twice a day. To make things easier for you, here are a few points to keep in mind regarding selecting the right toothpaste:
- Kiddy toothpaste is the best option for children. However, some of them contain fluoride, which can harmful to kids if swallowed in large amounts. Other harmful ingredients are saccharin and SLS. Check the label when picking out paste for your children.
- SLS is a harmful ingredient not just for children’s teeth. This is why it is best that you opt for SLS-free paste for the whole family. SLS can be toxic, which is why it is better to keep off it.
- Sensitivity toothpaste is made for people who experience hot or cold sensitivity when eating or drinking. Consult your dentist for the appropriate treatment for the sensitivity and also discuss if you should change paste. If your dentist recommended, switch to a paste made for sensitive teeth.
- The biggest factor to consider is whether you should select fluoride-based toothpaste or not. In some cases, it is suggested that people use flu
- oxide paste to supplement a lack of it in their water supply. The body needs fluoride in certain amounts. However, you should consult your doctor and dentist to make an informed decision.
So, keep these points in mind and you will be able to select the right toothpaste for your family.